Saturday, 9 August 2025

June/July Reading Wrap up

   I seem to have missed doing a June reading wrap up. 

The beginning of July was fraught with a road trip, then came the corneal scarring issues and then boom, I had to have some surgery and thus I never did it. 

So, it's my blog.  Lets do a Combo June/July Wrap up.  Between the two months, I was so busy that I did not a significant drop off, I also had a serious number of DNF non-fiction books that just... were coma inducing.  I read a total of 28 books! 

Let's get into it! 

Statistics!

Books in Translation:  NONE.  This is ridiculous. I'm going to ahve to remedy that in August if I can. 

Books by Diverse Authors: 36% of my reads were by diverse authors. Not the best, but not the worst. I seem to be bumping that up for August, so far.  in June and July I did sink into a lot of predictable reads to sort of help with the stressors, but I still could have read more diversely. 

TOP Read for June/July?

In the end, I'm going with 

Aqueous by Jade Shyback for June 

Even though it is not the most polished read I had, I was captivated by the story and want to read for from the author, specifically the next installment of this series. 

For July? 
 Gotta be The Island of Last Things.  I loved this one, weird as it might have been!

So... in August lets see if I can move forward on some translated works and pump up my diverse reads. Alas some of the authors I believe to be somehow "diverse"  when investigated appear to be as cornbread as I am with very little indication of other "diverse" indicators. 

 But I will say, For August, I've only finished 2 books, both of them Bangers, so we'll see how it goes.  More reading escapades await!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: The Scarlet Ball by Nghi Vo

 RUN to your bookstore of choice and purchase this book.  Ok, only if you are interested in some really engaging fantasy, with layers and la...