Tuesday, 7 October 2025

September Reading Wrap Up

September was a month of Bangers from the Back list and some great new reads that I got as Advanced Copies.  There were also some very mid reads, but - you can't win them all. Some of this is just dissociation from the world, but also... Advanced copies. 

 I finished 23 books in September. Incomprehensible.

Admittedly one was a VERY short read: Don't Trust Fish by Neil Sharpson.


 I saw this as an audio book and thought why not?  I had no idea anyone harbored  such strong feelings about fish as villians.  

This took about 15 minutes to consume, so ... when I say I read 23 books... it might not be very impressive. 




Out of this stack of Books...  let's do some statistics! 

Books in Translation:  2/27   this comes out to 7%.   It seems low, but I still think I'm surpassing last year's totals.    I am keeping on in searching these out. 

Books by Diverse Authors: 7/27  which is about 26%   A lower percentage than last month, but a higher book count. 

Favorite read for the Month: Has to be My Name is Emilia del Valle  by Isabel Allende. 

 I loved this one with my whole heart and soul.  So relatable, and yet so different! 

A close second was Marie Lu's Adult Debut  Red City! 
  I enjoyed this one!  It was a wild ride that did generate some reading anxiety but... I appreciated the not very cliff- hanger-y conclusion. 



Last month I noted I had been requesting less Advanced Reader Copies, but honestly... I apparently have 8, so lots of new book reviews coming your way in October!!! 

I usually don't do a Least Favorite, but,  My least Favorite was K/A Knight's  The Wasteland.... not to be confused with T.S Eliot's poem.  The poem has great magnitude.  Knight's book is a RH story about a kick butt bounty hunter type woman, who picks up 3 very attractive male companions.  Both dystopian. I might need to do further comparison.  Knight has written other books that I've enjoyed, this one just didn't hang together very well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: The Scarlet Ball by Nghi Vo

 RUN to your bookstore of choice and purchase this book.  Ok, only if you are interested in some really engaging fantasy, with layers and la...